Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Thing

I love taking time for reflection on New Years' Eve. 

This year we spent some time with close friends.  We talked about milestones in the past year, unexpected joys, and about the ways we discovered God in the challenges.  These are close friends with whom we have the rare privilege of being safely transparent.  We know the details of the hurdles each of us has faced.  To know that and to be able to celebrate the goodness of God together was so encouraging!

There's a passage in Isaiah that recounts the faithfulness of God in the past and then God says:
 "But forget all that--
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun!
Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland...

Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland
so my chosen people can be refreshed."

The best that God has done in the past year?  It's nothing compared to what He is going to do!

He's going to make rivers in the dry places in your life.  

So you can be refreshed.

Isaiah 43:18-20

1 comment: