Friday, January 6, 2012

Small Beginnings

It's so easy for us to see where we have room to grow...more love, more patience, more self-control, better parent/spouse/friend...  To desire growth is a good thing, however in my longing for more I easily overlook what He has already done--in myself and others.

We must not disregard the small beginnings.  God doesn't.

Do not despise these small beginnings,
for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin...

This verse was referring to the rebuilding of the Temple.  What is our desire but to see His Temple rebuilt in our lives through demonstrations of love, joy, peace--the fruit of His Spirit?   

And He has begun a good work.  These "small beginnings" are but the first fruits, the promise of what is yet to come.  God rejoices in these small beginnings!  He who started the good work in you will complete it.  

Giving thanks for the small beginnings I've recognized in this day.  Praying for eyes to see and a heart that more readily recognizes and celebrates the small beginnings...which hold great potential.

All this may seem impossible to you now...
But is it impossible for me?
says the Lord of Heaven's Armies...
For I am planting seeds of peace and prosperity among you.

 Zechariah 4:10; 5:7&12

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to small beginnings - and the promise of a completed work, I can't wait! (OK, maybe I can, but it IS quite exciting.)

    ReplyDelete