Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dare to Trust

I got to witness something truly lovely today.  I went with my friend to listen as she spoke to a ladies' group about her adventures on a short-term mission trip.  It was really the story of how she encountered God in a new way and He healed some of the broken places in her heart.  I've known her for a long time and there's no doubt she has been transformed.

One of my favorite things she said was, "We believe that God can part the Red Sea, but sometimes we feel there's no hope for some of the situations in our life.  It's not true.  He can help us with the seemingly impossible stuff."  You could feel a ripple of hope go through the room.

Have I mentioned that her two-year-old daughter is scheduled for open-heart surgery in less than two weeks?

All afternoon I've been pondering how we can make these radical statements of faith when we have questions that are yet unanswered.  My friend's heart was dramatically touched, on her journey she saw a medically verified miracle...and her baby needs major surgery.

There are so many questions I cannot answer.  What I do know, what my friend knows, is that when you've really encountered God and He's touched your life, you know you can trust Him with your unanswered questions.  You know that He's BIG and that He's very, very kind.

Yes, we wrestle with things, we weep, and we wonder, but the bottom line is that we've tasted and seen that He is good and we dare to trust.

Have you ever come on anything quite like
this extravagant generosity of God, 
this deep, deep wisdom?
It's way over our heads.  We'll never figure it out.
Is there anyone around who can explain God?
Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?
Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice?
Everything comes from him;
Everything happens through him;
Everything ends up in him.
Always glory! 
Always praise!
Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

Romans 11:33-36 MSG 

No comments:

Post a Comment