Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perseverance

When we came out of gymnastics tonight the sky was still light.  My heart leaped with hope!  Last week it had been dark.  My head knew the days were getting longer, but I hadn't been able to tell day-by-day.

Yesterday I had to deal with an employee--it ended up becoming a bit of a confrontation.  It was only afterward that I realized I was okay.  It didn’t take an hour for my emotions to calm.  That’s a big deal for me.  I hadn’t realized I was making progress in that area.  (Honestly, it’s about time!)

And so growth and change happen, often in little increments, barely perceptible, but eventually recognizable.

We can become discouraged, we despair and wonder if we’re making any progress at all...until one day we recognize the difference, we feel Spring in the air, the sun finally peeks over the horizon.

His promises to complete the good work He started in you are more sure than the coming of Spring.  You have His word on it.  Take heart.  Like the coming of the dawn, His life is growing inside of you.  Keep on keeping on--you’re on the brink of the glorious.

Blessing you with perseverance and grace.

We pray that you’ll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul--
not the grim strength of gritting your teeth 
but the glory-strength God gives.  
It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, 
thanking the Father who makes us strong enough
to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us. 

 Colossians 1:11-12 MSG

1 comment:

  1. You're about to arrive with gloriously energetic children and I'm nearly crying. Good thing they're used to seeing crying mamas. ;)

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete