Saturday, December 31, 2011

For the Blank Pages Ahead

I've just spent two solid days catching up on bookkeeping.  For months I've only had time to deal with the deadline stuff.

I was raised by an entrepreneur and I married one.  I've known times of plenty and lean times, but I've never gone hungry a day in my life.  Nonetheless, for a long time I approached the bookkeeping with anxiety.  All those little numbers add up to such big numbers!  I would sort of hold my breath wondering if the numbers coming in would match those going out...

One day I realized that was no way for the daughter of a King to live and I vowed to make this office a place of thanksgiving.  Every invoice and receipt would be processed with a heart of thanksgiving.  I would praise Him for His past faithfulness and declare my confidence in His goodness.  It made a huge difference!

There have been a lot of times this year when that thanksgiving has truly been a "sacrifice of praise," offered in faith.  We've scraped the bottom of the barrel a few times.  There were days when my faith was definitely stretched to the wondering point...and yet He has been faithful and provided all that we need and a little bit more.

Turns out that bookkeeping was an unexpectedly great way to end 2011!  All this recording of need and supply has reminded me that I can trust Him with all the blank pages ahead....

The Bible declares 42 times that, "The faithful love of the Lord endures forever!"

I don't know what adventures all those blank calendar pages hold.  I've lived long enough to know that there will be unexpected challenges that I might even dread if I knew the details.  I've also learned that I'm guaranteed there will be knock-your-socks-off blessings recorded on those pages.  Above all, through all, and in all, is the Love of One Who is Faithful.  On every page.

May you be blessed with a peaceful confidence that He will be with you, supplying all your needs, in the New Year.  Body, soul, and spirit.  He is good and His faithful love endures forever!

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.  
I praise your name for your
unfailing love and faithfulness
for all your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

Though I am surrounded by troubles...
The Lord will work out his plans for my life--
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.

Psalm 138:1-2, 7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment