Thursday, November 24, 2011

100

My blogger dashboard tells me that this is my 100th post.  Seems like there are so many clever and witty things I could do with that, but all my heart wants to do is sing Psalm 100...

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!

Odd how easy it is to raise our voices when we're five minutes late already and none of the kids are in the car...but how culturally or socially awkward we find it to randomly shout for joy.  Try it.  Shout with joy!  Feel the atmosphere around you change--it will.

Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.

My heart is singing for joy!  All this intentional focus on gratitude and worship has totally changed the dynamic of this jam-packed week.

Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

He made us and we are his.  Beloved.  I love being one of His sheep.  I have felt His care for me this week...so thankful.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.

Perhaps the writer was recommending an attitude of thanksgiving and praise when entering the courts of the Temple?  I have discovered that it is through thanksgiving and praise that I enter His presence...the place of joy.

For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Love the promise that I can count on His love never failing me.  Ever.  It will never fail my kids either.

Keep counting...

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment