Friday, February 10, 2012

Good for Your Health

Hope is good for your health.  Weariness, anxiety, and dread weaken us body, soul, and spirit.  "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones" or "saps a person's strength."  Don't we know it!

All this pondering and pursuing of hope this week has been good for me.  Letters from other hope pursuers have inspired me.  I'm not nearly as tired as I "should" be on a Friday night.

I see that the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad,
and my tongue shouts his praises!
My body rests in hope.

~ As I was drafting this post, I got a message from my beautiful sister-in-love Erin that her health situation has gone from worse to...worser?  The words are blurring through my tears.  I pause and wonder if I can post such a thing at such a time...  I can because hope isn't truly hope until it faces something we can't fix or change on our own.

I'm confident that God is right beside her...that He cares...that we will look back and see His hand...I see her surrounded by a loving community, but the wait has been so very long.  Will you pray with me for Erin, that her hope will be renewed, and that the miracle will come soon?

May your heart be glad and body be at rest as you place your confidence in the Lord.

Proverbs 17:22b KJV/NLT;  Acts 2:25-26 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment