Sunday, March 25, 2012

Love in a Box

You're in for a treat.  Actually, I'm in for a treat and I'm going to share it with you.

When my children act like they sometimes do, I like to say, "They get that from their father!"  (It's shocking how unsupportive my friends are of my theories.)  Sometimes the kids behave in ways that I secretly hope they got from me.  Sometimes I know they get it from me and I sigh.  And pray for grace.

However, there are times when I know what I see comes from the seed of heaven that's been planted in their hearts.  I can't take credit, I can only offer thanks.  Humbly.

This most recent week hasn't been one that I'd brag about as a stellar example of fine parenting.  Perhaps the children haven't exactly been stellar either, but...

This afternoon I went out for a couple of hours.  While I was gone my hubby rallied the kids.  I came home to a clean house and love in a box on my desk.  It's labelled Mom's Verse Box.  Grace.  I haven't been the best mom I can be this week.  My little one forgives and gives me love in a box.



I was allowed to open the paper for "Week 1, Day 1."

I am strong, courageous, and firm;
I fear not and am not in terror,
for it is the Lord my God who goes with me;
He will not fail me or forsake me.

I've been feeling more weary than strong and courageous.  

I say it out loud and breathe in strength.  I fear not for it is the Lord my God who goes with me; He will not fail me or forsake me.

I think I might be okay even without a week on the beach.    

No matter what this week holds.  I will not be afraid!  Dread does not belong to me.  He won't fail me or forsake me.

I am strong and courageous and firm.

Looking forward to Week 1, Day 2.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Michelle. How awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea! I love the verse and can totally relate the a frustrating week. My help this week came from the prayers at Moms In Touch.

    ReplyDelete