Friday, July 8, 2011

Guaranteed

I woke up early with a dozen prayers rising from my heart.

For the boy, far from home, estranged from his father...

For the beautiful one who is starving herself, tormented...

For the loved ones serving far from home...

For the awkward places in my kids that may have something to do with my parenting...

For the one who struggles to express love, not knowing how greatly he is loved...

For the beloved friend raising two special needs kids...

For the one whose restless, aching hunger will never be satisfied by addiction...

I've seen so many miracles and yet there are many more that I long to see and experience. Urgently.

"The zeal of the Lord of Hosts will perform this."

These words float into my mind and I know they are from the King James Bible, committed to memory years ago in elementary school. I look them up and they are the promise to reassure my aching, longing, yearning heart.

"Nevertheless, that time of darkness and despair will not go on forever...
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light.
For those who live a land of darkness will see a great light...
you will break the yoke of their slavery
and lift the heavy burden from their shoulders...
The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven's Armies
will make this happen!" (Is.9 NLT)

The zeal of the Lord of Hosts...the passionate commitment of the Lord... Other translations say, "by the fixed purpose of the Lord...the Lord Almighty is determined to do all of this...the Lord's great love will make sure that happens..."

Comfort.

My petitions become proclamations! My urgency becomes a celebration of worship. My prayers are for things that are backed by the passionate commitment, the zeal, the love, and the purpose of the Almighty God, the Lord of Heaven's Armies!

"But..." you say.

But what about the prayers that have been prayed for so long and yet there is still no answer? He knows. He gets it. Even though He sees the end, He knows that from our perspective the journey has been long and the waiting is hard. That is why your faith is so precious to Him. A treasure. Not to be taken lightly. Your faith pleases Him. It's irresistible. So strengthen yourself with His promises. Worship and celebrate. The answer is on the way!

It's guaranteed by the passionate commitment of Lord of Heaven's Armies.




1 comment:

  1. exactly the confidence I needed in Him today! Thank you so much for penning this so perfectly to fit the need of my hearts plea for those I love and am earnestly trusting God for!

    ReplyDelete