Saturday, February 12, 2011

Learn of Him


"Christ doesn't command us to trust him, he invites us to learn of him."
Sy Rogers

What an amazing Savior... Not a command, but an invitation. "Learn of me..."

He is kind. (Matt 14:14; Mark 1:41; 5:32; 6:34)

He has time for children. (Matt. 19:13)

He's gentle to those we might despise or look down upon. (John 8; Mark 2:15)

He's fierce to those who oppress others. (Matt. 23:13)

He is patient with the process. (John 4)

He's concerned about our physical needs. (Matt 8:14-15; 15:36)

He cares about relationships. (John 19:27)

He has a sense of humour. (Mark 3:17)

He invests in joyful celebration. (John 2:1-10)

He's compassionate and acquainted with sorrow. (John 11:35)

He gives second chances. (John 8:11)

He knew that if we learned of Him, it would be inevitable that we would trust Him.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?
Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
Matthew 11:28-30 MSG


This is far from a complete list--just some of my favorites. Feel free to add yours in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...though it includes us and doesn't describe a characteristic of Him during his time on Earth way back... I thought of this one:

    He leads us to victory! (Revelation 19:11-16)

    ReplyDelete